Yu Li (李煜)
PhD candidate, Computer Science
Computational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC)
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
Yu is currently a CS Ph.D. candidate at KAUST, under the supervision of Prof. Xin Gao.
He got Master degree in Computer Science at KAUST in December 2016.
He got Bachelor degree (honored) in Biosciences from the BEI Shizhang Elite Class at USTC in 2015.
He was born on April 1st, 1995 in Fengyang, China.
I am working at the intersection between machine learning and bioinformatics, developing new machine learning methods to resolve the computational problems in biology and healthcare, especially the structured learning problems.
My long-term goal is to improve the healthcare system, benefiting society directly by improving people's health and wellness.
[Major works in one slide]
- --July 2020, give a highlight talk in ISMB-20, discussing E2Efold.
- --May 2020, invited to give a talk in CityU Hong Kong.
- [Past news]
Fall, 2018: Visiting student in Georgia Tech, Atlanta, USA
Advisor: Le Song
Summer, 2018: Visiting student in Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Advisor: Zhihua Zhou
Academic services [Full list]
- Reviewer for Nucleic Acids Research, Bioinformatics, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, et al.
- PC member for ICLR-20, NeurIPS-20, AAAI-20, ECCV-20, et al.
- Certificate of Honor Rank (5% out of all graduates in 2015 at USTC), 2015, USTC
- Shizhang Bei's Fellowship, 2013-2015, USTC
- National Scholarship, 2013